Tuesday 3 March 2009

running in circles.

Okay so March is here and I decided that I need to buy stuff because I haven't bought anything in hmm maybe over a week and a bit? Plus I don't need to save up to much because I've decided not to go on holiday this year, unless something happens last minute, but I've decided to go reading with a bunch of friends, we better get tickets! I've never been to reading and it's my last proper summer with these guys so I think being rank and smelly will be worth it.

Anyway, so I follow Charade and The Ultimate Geeks Guide to Fashion Budgeting post was SO helpful to me it's a joke and I just agree with a lot. Basic jist of it is 50% of your budget should be on basics (black jeans, leath jacket, LBD) 25% on current trends & 15% on eccentrics. I decided there are some basics I need, which really were only two things, a white & black vest top. I trotted off to Primark after college today but fail :( I did however get



this cute tan bag and those red sunglasses. The bag was £3.91 and the glasses 98p! I love bargins.





i love walking around in these heels. still haven't actually worn them out since new years :(
and this is what i wore today (minus the new stuff and the shoes)

I am aware that I have many issues



Anyway i'd previously checked ASOS so I knew I could older from there if Primark failed me. I also wanted to take advantage of the 20% they have atm (discount code ASOSLOOK). So I ordered myself basics!

black vest top.

this was on sale okiess, plus i'm starting to love rings after my first love from asos.


white vest top.

cheap monday jeans. even though I don't wear jeans as much, I thought I would invest in a good pair for when I do!

Hopefully I won't be spending excessively this month! I had to get another years worth on my flickr account, but yay because i can continue to upload loads of pointless photos...

xx

3 comments:

  1. i like the outfit you wore, and the tan bag!
    i always convince myself that i'm going to buy basics but my entire wardrobe is mainly eccentrics,
    woops :)
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. H&M two tone dress ;-) i recognise ur goods too! lol i am ashamed u recognised EVERYTHING, but only a select few london chicks would, the true shoppers of the world who knows whats in every high street store ie u and I! lol! and blah this budget percentage makes no sense to me...50% on basics??surely once u get basics u just wear them all seasons long so u don't need to spend 50% everrryyy time u shop? then u are left with more money for eccentrics!!good plan to me lol! and i wanted those 98p glasses (OMG that price sounds so ridiculaous)...but myface is jsut to large...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL lol i know i know!! in my case basics never get worn lol and primark/hennes basics are always good and cheap....!!the london high street is 100 times betr that NY yo know, i think the only high street stores are H&M and Forever 21 everything else is cheapo shops and more expensive stuff like AA and american eagle...we are lucky beans!

    ReplyDelete